Every Human Being has a Human Body. Without a human body, a human being cannot exist. So, to live Human Beings must maintain the human body. This maintaining of a human body to sustain life is achieved by maintaining health.
Basics of Human Body
A Human Body is generally made of the following parts:
- The Human Body is made up of elements like hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, calcium and phosphorus. The adult male body is about 70% (40 litres).
- The Human Body has 206 bones. Out of them, the thigh bone is the largest and the middle bone of the ear is the smallest.
- The Human Body has five sense organs-Eye, Ear, Nose, Tongue and Skin.
So, to maintain this Human body, Human beings must maintain health.
Health is generally the state of being free from illness for most people. But, later in 2002, World Health Organisation (WHO) defines health as “a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely an absence of disease or infirmity. “
Good health enables people to enjoy life and achieve the goals they have set for themselves. A truly healthy person not only feels good physically but also forms healthy interpersonal relationships.
A person is said to be healthy if
- If the person is full of energy and has its organ functions normally.
- The person has perfect weight for his age and height.
- The person can control over emotions.
- The person is confident about his abilities.
- The person is free from tensions, stress and worries.
- The person is sensitive to the needs of others.
A person is in a good physical condition has the strength and energy to enjoy an active and happy life. Proper food, exercise, rest and sleep, cleanliness and a clean environment are all essential for healthy living.
Our body is continuously working. Therefore, it needs energy-producing food. It undergoes growth and development, and so it needs body-building food. We also need food to fight disease-causing germs and infection. In other words, our food should contain all the substances needed by the body for its healthy growth and development. These substances are known as nutrients.
Nutrients are classified into five groups:
Other Important Nutrients for a Balanced Diet
Important Ways to Maintain Health in a Human Body
- Have a nutritious balanced Diet every day.
- Maintain Good eating habits taking care of hygiene too.
- Personal hygiene maintenance.
- Take proper care of the eyes.
- Take proper care of teeth.
- Regular Exercise
- Adequate rest and sleep to maintain mental health.
- A Human Body comprises of head, neck, arms, hand, thorax, abdomen, legs.
- Human Body is 70% filled with water and has 206 bones and five sense organs.
- Health is defined as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely an absence of disease or infirmity.
- Good health enables people to enjoy life and achieve the goals they have set for themselves. A truly healthy person not only feels good physically but also forms healthy interpersonal relationships.
- Healthy balanced diet consists of an adequate amount of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, minerals, vitamins, roughage and water.
- We need adequate sleep and rest for mental health.