Like food and shelter, clothes are also a basic need. We need clothes to protect ourselves and our body from heat, cold, dust, insects, etc.
Clothes According to Activities and Occasions
We wear many clothes throughout the day. Our clothing style depends upon the work or activity we do or on the occasions. A child wears a uniform when he goes to school and wears loose casual clothes at home. He will wear different clothes when he goes playing. And bedtime demands a different outfit which should be clean and comfortable.
We wear fancy clothes at parties and weddings. Hence, different occasion and different activities require different items of clothing.
Clothes According to Weather and Seasons
Different seasons and weather require different items of clothing. So, we need to choose our clothes carefully according to the weather or season.
We should wear light cotton clothes in summers to stay cool and comfortable in the hot season. To keep ourselves warm in winters and protect ourselves from cold, we should wear woollen clothes. To protect ourselves from the rain, we should wear waterproof clothes like a raincoat. It helps us stay dry when we go out in rain.
Material of Clothes
Earlier, human beings used leaves to cover their body. They even used the skin of animals to protect themselves. Nowadays, clothes are made up of various fibres and materials by weaving them.
Weaving can be done by hand or by using machines. When a cloth is ready, it can be stitched into different outfits such as a shirt, frock, pants, etc.
Clothes are made up of natural fibres like cotton, wool and silk. They are obtained from plants and animals.
- Wool is warm.
- Cotton and silk are light to wear.
- They have high absorbency.
- They require high maintenance.
Artificial or Synthetic Fibres
Clothes are also made up of synthetic fibres like nylon, polyester and rayon. These fibres are produced artificially using chemicals.
- Synthetic clothes are warm to wear.
- Resists rain.
- They are durable.
- They are non-absorbent.
- They dry quickly and need low maintenance.
- Clothes are also a basic need.
- Our clothing style depends upon the work or activity we do or on the occasions.
- Different seasons and weather require different items of clothing.
- Clothes are made up of various fibres and materials by weaving them.
- Clothes are made up of natural fibres like cotton, wool and silk.
- Clothes are also made up of synthetic fibres like nylon, polyester and rayon.