There are thousands of different species of plants in the world. They include a great variety ranging from minute ones that are invisible to our eyes to trees that are huge. Plants are basically the starting point of any food cycle and play an important role in the sustainability of life on earth. Plants are the main source of food on planet earth. So we are going to study how to improve food resources.
Animals have been dependent on plants for food since ancient times. The different food-producing plants produce the following food items which are essential for the sustainability of life on earth.
Examples of Cereals:
- Wheat is ground into flour which is used to make roti’s, bread, cake, Pasta.
Examples of pulses:
They are a great source of roughage.
Examples of vegetables:
Examples of fruits:
- Citrus Fruits
Examples of spices:
Examples of Beverages:
Examples of Nuts:
- Cashew Nut
Our body is continuously working. Therefore, it needs energy-producing food. It undergoes growth and development, and so it needs body-building food. We also need food to fight disease-causing germs and infection. In other words, our food should contain all the substances needed by the body for its healthy growth and development. These substances are known as nutrients.
Nutrients are classified into five groups:
Other Important Nutrients for a Balanced Diet
Important Ways to Maintain Health in a Human Body
- Have a nutritious balanced Diet every day.
- Maintain Good eating habits taking care of hygiene too.
- Personal hygiene maintenance.
- Take proper care of the eyes.
- Take proper care of teeth.
- Regular Exercise
- Adequate rest and sleep to maintain mental health.
- Plants give us cereals, pulses, vegetables, spices, fruits, spices, beverages, nuts.
- Health is defined as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, and not merely an absence of disease or infirmity.
- Good health enables people to enjoy life and achieve the goals they have set for themselves. A truly healthy person not only feels good physically but also forms healthy interpersonal relationships.
- A Healthy balanced diet consists of an adequate amount of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, minerals, vitamins, roughage and water.
- We need adequate sleep and rest for mental health.